Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Happiness is a color.

Perhaps more than any one non-Isabella/Hubby thing in the world, I would say I love color the most. Yes, most definitely color. I cannot imagine my life without a palette of vivid and wild colors.

I like to tell myself that I was destined in some way to eventually end up here in Hawaii, this being one of the few places where you're treated (almost daily) to God's magnificent gift of the rainbow. I just never grow tired of those things...some are more magnificent than others...and a few are double, maybe even triple rainbows! My eyes just gobble it all up like a big ole greedy ogre. This beaut. greeted me when I walked out of my door Sunday evening.





There are so many glorious colors swirling around in my world right now...most of them are happy, very few are not. I feel nervous, the pessimist I am, I'm so full of contentment and happiness that my soul is almost tentative to allow myself any enjoyment...I keep asking myself,

"Is it okay to be this happy? Does this mean something bad is going to happen soon? Should I be worried?"









It's very unhealthy to think like that I'm told. So I've been on a personal mission to stop this negative, unhealthy behavior and instead just allow myself to wallow in the joy of my many, many blessings.

Oh, I'm wallowin' alright. You betcha.



I have so much to wallow in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that! I'm working on that too. =)B.

Shine said...

Wallow on sister...you deserve it! God didn't fill your life with ALL those blessings and then expect you NOT to enjoy them!!! Go ahead!! WALLOW I say!!

Tamerie Shriver Halliday said...

You are very blessed! And deserve to wallow, wallow, wallow. It certainly doesn't make you a bad person. Re-read what Shine said above. Enjoy all of it!