Monday, November 26, 2007

A Heavy Heart

Well, Tyler leaves for a little mini-deployment tomorrow, he'll be gone for about three and half weeks, I'm not allowed to know where he's going or when he'll get back all I know is that he WILL be home for Christmas. I'm going to miss him so much! It will certainly be lonely without him. I'm desperately trying to get myself in the Christmas mood these days, I'm constantly listening to Burl Ives and Frank Sinatra.

Thanksgiving was kind of a blur and kind of weird...It's so bright and sunny here that it doesn't feel like the Holidays but we had a good time with our friends The Morgans. We've managed to unintentionally move to all the same places, we started in Chicago after boot camp, then proceeded to Dahlgren for Sea School, and now here in Hawaii for the five year sea tour. We had Thanksgiving with them last year and little did we know that in the following year we would be giving thanks around a table in Hawaii!

The Morgans babysat for us on Saturday night so that Tyler and I could out on a date before he leaves. We went to Dave and Busters and had a great dinner, ( I had an AWESOME cocktail ) and then we played games...My favorite was the horse racing game I played something like 20 times and only won once...we were quite perplexed about this b/c I'm really good at it, and then we found out that the guys playing with us were cheating by hiding extra balls in their pockets! how mean! that's what you get for going to an adults arcade I guess.

Today Isabella discovered the euphoria of a frozen teething ring...she's been rather fussy the past few days so I popped a couple of her teething rings in the freezer to see if that would help, and no sooner had I given her one that she had stuffed it in her mouth and was gnawing on it so hard I could hear her gums squeaking on the plastic. Poor thing! just thinking about how that must feel makes me want to chew on one myself.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to hear you're doing well in Hawaii! I love you very much! Robin

Lovie said...

My poor little Isabella! As far as being alone, hey, just think of all the shopping you can get away with!

Kaelee said...

Thanks for checking out my blog and I look forward to checking out and keeping up with yours....Your daughter is adorable......