Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Scenes from my sofa



Ahh...bed time. I once heard a quote, I don't remember the "quoter" but it went something like this; "There never was a child so sweet, that it's mother wasn't happy to put them to bed."

After my sweetie is tucked away for the night, the baby gates come down, the coffee table turns into a coffee table again, the candles get lit and it's time for mommy to enjoy a book. Tonights reading material is Philippa Gregory's The Other Boleyn Girl. So far it's been an amazing read. My latest fascination is anything to do with the Tudor dynasty...so if anybody has any recommendations feel free to pass them on!

Today was an off day...I'm not sure what was wrong with me, or with Isabella, but neither one of us were quite ourselves. I have a sneaking suspicion that despite all of her immunizations, Isabella might be coming down with the chicken pox. Every time she wakes up either in the morning, or from a nap, she has a few new bug-bite looking bumps, and lately she's been sleeping for hours on end and her little appetite has been iffy. So far though no fever. I counted today and she has about five bumps. We're going to the clinic tomorrow.

I finally started sewing on my sewing machine today!...and I made one of the most pathetic looking curtain panels you have ever seen. In fact, I was way too ashamed to even show it to you.

Like I said...an off day.

1 comment:

G. B. Miller said...

Uh-oh...keep us posted on those little 'bug bites'. Doggone! Maybe she'll have a light case.

Hope you enjoyed your down time. Haven't read "The Other Boleyn Girl". It's here just waiting for the mood to srike. I did read "The Queen's Fool" by the same author and it was very good.

aunt *G*