Tuesday, January 20, 2009

easily amused

This is a list of the things that are making me really happy lately...they're silly, really, Just little trifles here and there...but they represent something bigger, whether it be creating something beautiful, or just being healthier for my family...these things make my heart happy.

1. These rockin' organic lollipops...Love 'em! and the best part is, Isabella does too and I don't have to feel guilty about letting her have one :)

2. My compost pit...yeah I know, I'm a weirdo because dirt makes me happy...but this rich, dark, earth is awesome! I can't wait to grow some organic veggies.

3.Isabella's messy little art corner...I don't even bother cleaning it up anymore...it's the first thing she goes to in the morning and after naps...love it.

4.This goofy little bird I sewed. He's full of all kinds of funny mistakes, like his crooked beak...but Isabella loves him and that makes me smile...again, my mom inspired me, check out her line over at inspired friends!

5.These dried roses I glittered...I love me some Martha Stewart glitter!

6. This Almond Vanilla, organic granola...it's so delicious, we munch on it all day and it never lasts long in this house...


So, that's just today...but tell me, what makes you happy?

8 comments:

Angela said...

you've been busy! hang in there and i love the new stuff you've done- especially the inspiration board...hmmm, have to come up with something, but i certainly can't sew!!!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Love the birdie! Where did you find those lollipops?? I must have them! And the granola??? Looks yummy! Where did you find that??

Ah...Martha Stewart glitter...I love that stuff!

Cute post!

The Blonde Duck said...

Saying hi from SITS!

LvPoohBr2 said...

Hi, your Aunt gave me your blog site and said I may enjoy it. Oh yes I do! Now those pops look yummy! I love it when the little things make me happy. Like a tall glass of mint ice tea in a mason jar in the summer! That makes me happy. ;D

I look forward to following your blog.

Lovie said...

Hey i love all that stuff too. Must be genetic. That's one good lookin bird you sewed. I beeter watch my back, you're getting better than me.
MOM

LvPoohBr2 said...

Hi again. I hope you don't mind, I tagged you in a meme game. Come on over to my site and check it out! Ü

Lovie said...

Hey go to my blog. I got the award post done.MOM

Liz Harrell said...

That cereal sounds fantastic!