Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Re-cap

Whew! I'm back...no excuses...just plain ole bloggers block, it hit me like a bag of bricks this week, ya'll!

We were both feeling a bit puny on Saturday, but I assumed it was just something that would pass. We went about our Easter business...I gritted my teeth and stood back to let her dye her eggs all by herself....she did a great job, choosing different colors, plopping them in the dye and mixing and matching, she didn't quite "grasp" the concept of the fragility of eggs though...and we ended up with about four crushed ones.

Easter morning arrived bringing excessively sore throats and icky sinuses...poor Bella won't eat a thing. We had to forgo church and stay home since I was afraid we were contagious, not to mention she is a serious cranky crankenstien.







Friday afternoon we received a pleasant surprise from daddy! He sent his girls Godiva chocolates for Easter. For Isabella, a giant chocolate bunny, and for mommy a sizeable box of my favorite truffles! He does spoils us :) This will mark the third Easter in a row that we have not been able to be together...I have my fingers crossed for next year though!

Isabella was very excited to dig into her "bassit" and was immediately clawing at the cellophane :)







She was all about the giant bunny...until I took it out of the box, then apparently it transformed from a cheerful springtime treat to a dark and menacing creature from the wild...for when I placed it front of her, my toddler was instantly overcome with terror. I managed to catch this picture as she was fleeing for safety. Leave it to my child to go down as the first toddler in history to be absolutely terrified of a chocolate bunny.






I hope everyone had a blessed Easter!

14 comments:

MoodyMommy said...

What a cutie pie!!
Stopping in from SITsa

The Blonde Duck said...

It looks like you had a great Easter! That bunny is almost as big as she is!

G. B. Miller said...

Glad your back! Bella sure is concentrating on that egg dyeing business.

Too funny about the choc. bunny...well, not funny, actually. But a very strange reaction, indeed. 8-?

I am Harriet said...

How adorable.
Stopping but from SITS!

Lovie said...

yay you're back!
MOM

The Stylish House said...

Hi,
Bella is a beauty! Hope life is treating you right in Hawaii. I am a sits and saw your thoughtful comment on the featured blog. I wanted to stop by and say hello. I am going to have a better look around, and when you get time your invited to come for a visit at mine. It is great to meet new friends. ~Cathy~

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm so glad you liked my stories! :) You made my day!

MoodyMommy said...

Stopping by from SITsta


Please come by my BLOG today!! I have something REALLY COOL happening!!

Faye said...

STOPPED BY FOR A VISIT.LOVE THE PICS.SO PRECIOUS!HAVE A GREAT DAY! BLESSINGS, FAYE

Jennifer said...

Popping over from SITS!

She is a cutie. Hope you all are feeling better! That same bug was around here this Easter as well....no fun at all.

Mary K Brennan said...

Stopping in from SITS. How lucky, a whole box of truffles to yourself. I had to raid the kids Easter baskets.

The French Bear said...

So glad you are back! What a funny girl, that's a first for me, I've never seen a child react like that to a bunny!!! She is a doll though, and so studious doing her eggs!!! I just think she is so sweet!!
Cheers,
Margaret B

Whitney said...

Look how adorable she is!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! That's so fabulous that you are a convert to the Church. I always have such immense respect for converts!!

I do believe I will be following you!!

Hccm said...

Bella did a better job than me dyeing Easter eggs. She is so beautiful.

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha