Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Stolen moments...




So these days, my wiggly, busy girl only has a few minutes to spare for dear old mum...I have resolved myself to taking what I can get. When she and her daddy ran out to the grocery store this evening...she waved goodbye to me the entire walk out the door, gleefully calling out "bye-bye, cya, Ok!" I was relishing just a few minutes of "alone-ness" so I cranked up my Christmas tunes and began my gingerbread...as soon as those two got home Isabella walked up to my little apron hanger and began tugging on the vintage cherry apron my mom made for me a couple of years back...it swallowed her whole but she was ready to bake! I pulled a chair up to the counter for her and I didn't even have to show her what to do with the cookie cutter, she just went right to work. Of course, she was done in less than five minutes...but that gave me just enough time to boss my dear hubby into grabbing the camera and sneaking a few pictures. It's just not Christmas until you have gingerbread cookies complete with little toddler sized finger holes...oh but she does love to poke her fingers into the dough...Mmm...those will be for me! :)

8 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

Love her hair that way. And those chubby cheeks!! Oh my!! I want some gingerbread cookies with holes!! Love you guys!! Aunt GG

Femin Susan said...

Hi......
Your blog is really interesting... Keep posting....Good Luck...Welcome to my blog... Wishing you in advance "A Merry X'Mas and A Happy New Year''

Lovie said...

Oh that is so cute! Sure wish I had one of those to hang on my tree. Oh, and nice bosum shots you got there too. eh, eh.
MOM

Mary-Catherine said...

yeah..oops! the ol' puppies just seem to be over eager these days!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary-Catherine said...

Hi everyone...I just want to apologize if anyone was offended by that last Anonymous comment...as soon as I caught it I deleted it but I'm sure somebody was bound to see it.
Sadly, it's just a fact of life, those common types of people are going to harass you when they see you have a good thing going!

:)

Alison said...

Mary Catherine, You and Bella look absolutely beautiful! Re: the deleted comment, there are some people that are so ugly on the inside, so eaten up with jealousy and rage, that it can't help but come out in their behavior. Just continue to be the good person that you are. Put it in God's hands, he'll take care of it. I'm so proud of you three.
I love and miss you!

Honey (Ni Ni)

Shine said...

Mary Catherine.. You have the cutest blog! I'm so glad your mom introduced mt to blogging!I'm going to try my hand at it, but I think your mom was right when she said "it can be addictive". Anyway, your daughter is just as lovely as her mom & I have thoroughly enjoyed getting a peek at your sweet home. Many blessings...Tamie Parton