Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Apple of my eye








So the past few days have been crazy. Yes, Crazy is the perfect description. My daughter is walking...literally walking! and with those little clumsy steps has also come a completely different child. I'm still a little befuddled as to where my good natured little baby went. We're talking more tantrums, an even more evident independent spirit, bruises, tears and brief, red-faced grocery shopping trips. I was so naive. I really miss my husband.

All this aside, she's still the joy of my life...and while she may send me sprinting out of the grocery store as she's arching her back, screaming the gospel, pulling my hair and ripping my shirt, I live through it so that I can have those little baby arms wrapped around my neck at the end of the day as I carry her up to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm.sounds familiar....maybe a chip off the old block ya think?

Really cute pictures..wish she was here walking the hills with her grand daddy and cousin Hilary. Thanks for keeping us updated with the posts and frequent pictures.

Like Lovie said, we are proud of our little Navy Moma.

grandaddy

G. B. Miller said...

Oh Wow!! Unbelievable that she is growing up so fast. She is just adorable.