Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hey looky here!





Today was a great day for me! from start to finish it has been non stop and full of pleasant surprises...the best surprise of all was when I woke up early this morning, I had just stepped out of the shower when my cell phone rang, my very dear friend from Japan who wasn't supposed to arrive until 8:20 pm this evening had touched down early! So I scurried around to go pick her up and then it was off to the clinic to get Isabella's shots. She handled it like a champ! my little girl is such a sturdy soul! she gets that from me :)

When we got home from the Clinic there were boxes waiting for me in my mailbox, and a box to arrive at my doorstep! In the mailbox were one box of cutesy spring time lovelies I had ordered myself, and a box from my mom and dad! and then later in the day my long awaited sewing machine arrived! I am so excited! it's hard to contain myself I just want to tear into the box and start sewing...My mom and dad sent me the most awesome sewing book in the world, it has all of these wonderful and easy patterns in it for projects to make for your home. My personal favorite is the Cafe Apron with the pocket...can't wait to make that in something, lets say...polka dotted? oh yes please! Mom also sent me a few scraps from her coveted rag bag and ooh boy oh boy! my mom has one spiffy rag bag, I LOVE pilfering through it whenever I go home. So many little pieces of of eye candy for me to annex for my own collection :)

Over the past couple of days I have received so many beautiful cards from my dear friends...I have some wonderful friends. I also received a pot of daisies, my favorite! my friends know me so well that they bought me flowers I could plant.

My friend from Japan arrived with this sweet little shopping cart cram packed full of Japanese goodies, in it were all kinds of little sweets such as, stationary, note pads, hankies, and little dangley things for my key chain and cell phone! I love the little shopping cart it all came in...and I'm hoping that one day, a certain little red headed girl will want me to give it to her to play with her dolls with :)

3 comments:

Lovie said...

Boyz howdy, you made out like a bandit girl! I can't wait to see your first project as it comes flying off the needle of that machine.

Whitney said...

Yay! What an awesome day! I can't wait to see what you make with your new sewing machine :)

Kaelee said...

What a great day of gifts! Love the fabric in the pic...Have fun with your friend in town!