Thursday, May 1, 2008

Goodnight and good morning!

What a busy day Isabella and I had today! The house is all clean and shiny, the neighborhood is asleep, all is peaceful and I'm sitting here getting ready to go to bed, when a thought struck me...right about now my dad is getting up to go to work. This time difference still boggles my mind.

On another note, Isabella and I have been attending a church near our neighborhood and I have to say I'm really loving it. We had a dramatic experience Isabella's first time going into the nursery but after some shirt-stretching clinging, shedding of tears on both sides, and some desperate reaching of baby arms, I was torn away by my good friend and forced to sit through the service...and you know what? Isabella was as happy as could be when I went to pick her up afterwards! now she willingly goes into the nursery with no tears. I cannot tell you how happy that makes me!

A few moms took one look at the stretched out neck of my shirt, my smeared eye make-up, and my nursery bracelet with my number on it, and they gave me a sympathetic smile and a nod, and some even a wordless pat on the arm. I think it was harder on me than it was on Bella, but I told myself later on that the chocolate ice cream was for her...as I ate every bite.

Here are a few pictures from yesterdays milk and toast time, one of her favorite snacks now! I'm so pleased that she has finally gone to the sippie cup, It wasn't easy, and sometimes on bad nights she still wants a bottle, but for the most part we're bottle free! Hooray!








3 comments:

Kaelee said...

That is one happy girl enjoying her toast and milk! Very cute and thanks for posting the frosting recipe....Yum Yum!

G. B. Miller said...

Love our little redhead in that color. It looks lavendar to me.But it could be a shade of blue. She does look quite happy with her milk and toast. :) Aunt *G*

Whitney said...

Glad to hear that things ended up good with Isabella and the nursery!