Friday, March 6, 2009

Target Opens!

The grand opening was at 8am...I was ready to leave the house at 6:30...the night before I had done a drive-by and there were thousands lined up waiting for a "special event party" so I knew the grand opening was going to be packed.

I packed a mothership bag and greased up my stroller wheels. My friend and I had plans to be in line at 7 am, we wanted to be the first in...but the trunk of my car broke and thwarted those plans. I wasn't letting anything stand in my way, we crammed into her car and went anyways. We weren't the first in line...but we were about halfway between one thousand...so maybe 500'th.

Of course, my child had rip-roaring meltdowns right in front of every local news camera crew. I'm sure that I was in the background of the evening news disciplining my bucking-bronco of a child. I was too afraid to watch it that evening.

I had to go back to Target yesterday to return a shirt I didn't mean to buy...I fell off the sidewalk on my way in...I mean I really bit the dust...I basically ignored all prospects of there being a curb and just sailed through the air. I was too focused on making sure Isabella didn't fall out of my arms so I clutched her to my chest and landed on both of my knees. I of course, had bloody knees and toes, and I'm pretty sure I sprained my ankle. Some security guards came to my rescue and a cluster of rubberneckers watched as I picked my bloody-kneed self up off the ground and hobbled my way into the store. Later when I was leaving I discovered my fly had been unzipped the entire time. What a day to wear hot pink polka-dotted underwear.

I'll never be cool.

So here's a few pics...the line in front of us, the line behind us...Isabella is wondering why she's awake at 7 am and out in the chilly rain..and I just noticed this, check out the scary monster toe behind her! EWW!!! dude needs a few pedicures. All of the employees lined up at the entrance and clapped and cheered when we walked in :) I felt like a movie star...I might have struck a pose or two...and paused for photo op. I knew I should have worn a gown. And a scary picture I took of myself being a complete dork with no eye make-up or mascara on...yikes.





6 comments:

Anita said...

Sorry for laughing at your recollection of you falling...and the zipper undone is classic. I should of entitled my blog- Life of A Dork continued....because I so share that sentiment sometimes. Graceful I am not...but oh well. Sounds like it was a fun time.

Mer said...

Your picture looks fine, I think I would have looked crazed, being Target deprived for so long. lol

Melissa said...

YAY for Target! So sorry to hear about your nasty fall. Hope you recovery quickly.

and yeah, dude needs a pedicure big time. Although I'm not one to talk..lol

Happy Friday.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Poor Marycatherine! God bless your poor little knees!

I love your Target photos! Target rocks my world too!

BlueCastle said...

Oh my goodness. You poor thing. How embarrassing to fall like that.

What a turn out for the grand opening! People must have been really excited. :)

Screaming Meme said...

How funny! How are you? I haven't heard from you lately? Is hubby off?